Work will continue next week during normal working hours on Monday, November 24 through Wednesday, November 26. We will not be working during the Thanksgiving holiday (Thursday, November 27) or the day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 28). Work will resume on Saturday, November 29.
Preparing for the holiday weekend
What you can expect on the central waterfront next week:
- Except for Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving, work will occur seven days a week. Weekday work will occur both day and night, with the noisiest work stopping each day by 10 pm and resuming at 7 am.
- Weekend work is planned as sheet pile installation continues. Ongoing under pier work is dependent on the tides and work hours will vary.
- Sheet piles will be installed along the waterfront. We are currently installing sheet pile in front of Pier 54 with the vibratory hammer and using an impact hammer in other locations along the waterfront to ensure previously installed sheet pile are down to the proper grade. Noise and vibration may be noticeable during this activity. Work hours for sheet pile driving are daylight hours, seven days a week.
- Continued mobilization of large equipment and materials in and out of the work zone.
- Generators supporting systems to control groundwater are operational and running 24 hours a day.
- The water treatment facility at Pine Street is operational and running 24 hours a day.
- Demolition and excavation of pavement to continue in the work zone between University and Madison streets.
- Survey work of existing timber columns, coring, pre-drilling, and injection of jet grout will occur near Waterfront Park. Jet grout is a process by which grout is injected into the ground and mixed with existing soils to form a solid foundation.
- Utility work will continue at Columbia Street. This work will occur overnight and traffic will be safely detoured around the work zone. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signage.
What you can expect south of Colman Dock next week:
- Working hours are six days a week, both day and night, with the noisiest work stopping each day by 10 pm and resuming at 7 am.
- Ongoing backfilling behind zee panels will take place.
- Utility installation will continue.
- Sewer installation will take place at the Yesler driveway exit lanes at Colman Dock. Arriving ferry traffic will be routed to exit Colman Dock at Marion Street exit only. Ferry access to Colman Dock will be maintained as it is today, by using the entrance just south of Madison Street. Work will occur between 9 pm and 5 am.
For questions about Seawall construction, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our 24-hour hotline at 206.618.8584.