- About the Program
- Seawall Project
- Waterfront projects
- Get involved
What you can expect on the central waterfront next week:
- Work will occur seven days a week, both day and night, with the noisiest work stopping each day by 10 pm and resuming at 7 am on weekdays and 9 am on weekends.
- Jet grout activities continue.
- Under pier work continues and hours will vary and are dependent on the tides.
- Sheet pile installation will continue between Madison and Marion streets.
- Concrete pours in between zee panels will continue near Waterfront Park.
- Backfilling of soil in the area behind the zee panels near Waterfront Park.
- Investigative drilling activities will continue in advance of shoring wall installation on the east side of the construction zone.
- Beginning as early as next week, utility work will occur on the west side of Alaskan Way at Union and University streets.
- The Marion Street pedestrian bridge will be replaced starting overnight on Friday, March 27. The pedestrian bridge will re-open by Monday morning, March 30. Over the weekend, please access the ferry terminal using the at-grade access on Alaskan Way, just south of Marion Street.
- Intermittent daytime closures of the Marion Street pedestrian bridge will occur next week during off-peak daytime hours to allow for sheet pile installation. During this work, pedestrian access will be maintained at the at-grade access on Alaskan Way, just south of Marion Street.
- Beginning as early as next week, utility work will occur on the west side of Alaskan Way at Union and University streets. Local detours will be in place. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signage to safely access your destination.
Click here to download a printable version of this map.
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers! The Seawall Project Street Team is your source for answering questions about seawall construction.
- 206-618-8584 (24-hour hotline)
Sign up for our weekly construction email updates to stay up-to-date with what’s happening on the Seawall Project, including upcoming tour dates and more.
Photos + videos
To keep current on construction progress, check out our photos and videos to see all the great, interesting work happening along the waterfront.
Or sign up for one of our upcoming tours where we share what you can see taking place behind the construction fence.