- About the Program
- Seawall Project
- Waterfront projects
- Get involved
What you can expect on the central waterfront next week:
- Work will occur seven days a week, both day and night, with the noisiest work stopping each day by 10 pm and resuming at 7 am on weekdays and 9 am on weekends.
- Construction will continue between Yesler Way and Madison Street.
- Construction and restoration work between Madison and Pike streets will continue through June 30 and pause for the summer starting July 1.
- Restoration and clean-up activities between Madison and University streets will be complete by July 1.
- Utility restoration work near Waterfront Park will continue and be complete by July 1.
- Timber benches, landscaping, street lighting, and other restoration and clean-up activities are ongoing and will be complete by July 1 at Waterfront Park.
- Paving of the pedestrian promenade will occur between Pike and Madison streets.
- The water treatment facility on the south side of Columbia Street between Western Avenue and Alaskan Way is operational and will run 24 hours a day.
- Under pier work continues and hours will vary and are dependent on the tides.
- Excavation and pavement breaking continues between Madison Street and Yesler Way. Increased noise can be expected during this activity.
- Lagging wall installation will continue between Madison Street and Yesler Way.
- In the coming weeks, jet grout installation will begin between Madison and Columbia streets.
- Seattle Public Utilities will perform work overnight starting tonight, Thursday, June 25, for the Western Avenue Emergency Water Main Replacement Project. The work will occur at the intersection of Madison Street and Western Avenue.
Pedestrians and bicyclists
- The multi-use path along the west side of the Alaskan Way Viaduct is temporarily closed between University and Pike streets while the work zone near Waterfront Park is restored. Please follow the direction of signage to safely access your destination. The path will be open by Wednesday, July 1.
- Seattle Public Utilities will perform work overnight starting tonight, Thursday, June 25, for the Western Avenue Emergency Water Main Replacement Project. Westbound Madison Street will be reduced to one lane during the work. The intersection of Madison Street and Western Avenue will be closed to through traffic. Vehicles will be detoured to Alaskan Way or 1st Avenue.
Click here to download a printable version of this map.
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers! The Seawall Project Street Team is your source for answering questions about seawall construction.
- 206-618-8584 (24-hour hotline)
Sign up for our weekly construction email updates to stay up-to-date with what’s happening on the Seawall Project, including upcoming tour dates and more.
Photos + videos
To keep current on construction progress, check out our photos and videos to see all the great, interesting work happening along the waterfront.
Or sign up for one of our upcoming tours where we share what you can see taking place behind the construction fence.