- About the Program
- Seawall Project
- Waterfront projects
- Get involved
What you can expect on the central waterfront next week:
- Seawall construction has paused until October 2015 on the central waterfront, between University and Madison streets.
- Private work continues on Piers 54 and 57, also impacting parking on Spring Street.
- Seattle Public Utilities continues work on the Western Avenue Emergency Water Main Replacement Project in various locations between Spring Street and Yesler Way.
What you can expect in the work zone adjacent to Colman Dock next week:
- Work will occur seven days a week, both day and night, with the noisiest work stopping each day by 10 pm and resuming at 7 am on weekdays and 9 am on weekends.
- Under pier work continues and hours will vary and are dependent on the tides.
- Excavation and shoring wall installation will continue between Madison Street and Yesler Way.
- Jet grout installation activities will continue near Madison Street.
- Intermittent closures of the Marion Street pedestrian bridge will occur during off-peak night time hours to allow for jet grout installation. During this work, pedestrian access will be maintained at the at-grade access on Alaskan Way, just south of Marion Street.
Vehicles and bicyclists
- Steel plates will be installed as a precautionary measure at the Yesler Way driveway at Colman Dock to protect light penetrating surface panels.
Click here to download a printable version of this map.
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers! The Seawall Project Street Team is your source for answering questions about seawall construction.
- 206-618-8584 (24-hour hotline)
Sign up for our weekly construction email updates to stay up-to-date with what’s happening on the Seawall Project, including upcoming tour dates and more.
Photos + videos
To keep current on construction progress, check out our photos and videos to see all the great, interesting work happening along the waterfront.
Or sign up for one of our upcoming tours where we share what you can see taking place behind the construction fence.